Q. I have an oily and sweaty face, and my forehead is darkened. Kindly help me.

and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have an oily and sweaty face. My forehead is darkened. I think it is pigmentation. I need medication for this. My forehead looks black, and it is depressing. Kindly help me.

#

It seems you have acne with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). Acne is a chronic problem. It has a variable course with medication. It requires regular follow-up and long treatment. It usually occurs up to the age of 25 to 28 years may be more than this. Once the acne lesions heal, they leave acne scars. Still, these acne scars heal with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation for a short duration in light skin individuals. Still, these PIH persist for a longer duration in darker individuals, maybe for two to three weeks, but this duration can be cured using depigmenting cream and sunscreen and sun protection.

You can use Depiwhite cream or Adapalene gel 0.1% during night daily and also use non-comedogenic sunscreen like Faceguard or Suncros soft gel with SPF (sun protection factor) 50+ during morning hours all over face after taking bath repeat once after four hours. I hope this was helpful.

You have to do certain dietary restrictions like not to take oily, spicy food, junk food, milk products, and non-vegetarian foods. Use lots of water which hydrates your skin. Also, use good quality face wash like Cutiwash soft foam gel for cleaning your face twice daily. Do not use hair oil as it aggravates forehead acne. I hope this was helpful.

|