Q. Is the variation in PPBS after 2nd and 3rd hour of meal normal?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 27, 2019

I am a 49 year old female. I have been checking my PPBS at home. But, there is a bit ambiguity in my results. My PPBS after two hours shows around 210 and if I check after three hours my PPBS levels up to 140. So, kindly please let me know that which test result am I supposed to consider. My fasting blood sugar level is usually 120. I am not taking any regular medications. I have been noticing the variations since past one month. I am not prone to any diseases or surgery. My BP and cholesterol are also normal.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• This is very normal phenomenon that you are observing as one gets lower blood sugar levels after three hours.
  • There is no doubt by these readings that you are having diabetes.
  • I would recommend you HbA1c levels (glycated hemoglobin) to see for your diabetes range. This test gives you an average of three months irrespective of your meals.

For further information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

| 

Is diabetes medicine needed if HbA1c is 7.5?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 year old female. One year before I went to a diabetologist and took glucose tolerance test. Here is the result, fasting - 128 mg/dL, 1 hour - 340 mg/dL, 2 hour - 196 mg/dL. Doctor prescribed medicine for a month but after that I did not take any medication. Now I would...  Read Full »

Please help me lower my blood sugar levels.

Query: Hello doctor, I have diabetes since the last 11 to 12 years, and I started taking medicines given by my family doctor. Presently, I am taking Glimisave M2 (one tablet in the morning and evening), Dynaglipt 20 (one tablet in the morning), and Absolut 3G (one in the evening). My health is fine, and I...  Read Full »

My HbA1c level was 7.5 last month. Should I continue Gemer 1 tablet?

Query: Hi doctor, Last month, my HbA1C was 7.5. I was advised to take Gemer 1 tablet before breakfast for 30 days. My LDL cholesterol is 119 mg/dL, HDL is 40mg/dL and triglycerides 161 mg/dL. My age is 49. Should I continue Gemer 1 along with other medicines? Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now