Common "Posterior Vitreous Detachment" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Posterior Vitreous Detachment

Posterior vitreous detachment is a natural phenomenon that occurs when the vitreous gel that fills the eyeball gets separated from the retina. It is an age-related eye problem that occurs most commonly in people older than 60. It can cause flashes or floaters in the sight of a person.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What is the treatment for eye flashes which occured following an accident?

Query: Hello doctor, I have eyes flashes for about five years now. After I have an accident on my nose it looks like the liquid in the eyes is moving or pulling. What treatment I can do? Although I did a lot of tests for retina, what else I can do insted of waiting to see if this problem stops by it self...  Read Full »

Dr. Agarwal Krishna Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Flashes in front of eyes is a classical sign of retinal detachment and posterior vitreous detachment. You should get your retina checked by a vitreo retinal specialist. Since you had trauma near your eye just before these flashes started, there is a strong possibilit...  Read Full »

What medicine do I need to clear the fluke in the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have a trematode (fluke) on my eyes and it seems to enter behind the eye as well. The trematode passes the vision at times and I can then distinguish the structure of the body, quite complex body and transparent. When I go to the mirror to see it I cannot. Wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Agarwal Krishna Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Regarding your problem, I am not very sure that it is a (fluke) trematode in your eye. By the description of the anomaly that you are giving, I think it is a floater. Just check for images of floaters eye on google and you should see exactly what I am talking about. ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.