Postoperative Infection

How long does it take for tissues to grow into the mesh after hernia surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My questions are related to da Vinci bilateral hernia repair with mesh. How long does it take for the tissues to grow into the mesh ultimately? What is the time window for the rejection of the mesh after the surgery? What is the time window for developing an infection after the surgery...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hernia surgery can be done with two approaches, open surgery or minimal access surgery. The minimal access approach includes either conventional laparoscopic surgery or robotic surgery. Healing allows fibrosis to occur in the surgery area, and the extent of fibrosi...  Read Full »

I have pus draining from my hernia surgery incision. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had seven abdominal surgeries, namely gastric bypass, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, exploratory laparoscopy, panniculectomy, ventral hernia repair, mesh removal from hernia repair with exploratory laparoscopy, and recently open epigastric incisional hernia fix a month back. Imme...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very unfortunate that you had to go through all that. After reviewing the information shared and your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears you are suffering from surgical site infection. Following are the possibilities: Infection a...  Read Full »

What can cause pus to leak from stitches after cesarean?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a cesarean operation before nine months. But, my stitches have not been cured yet. Earlier, pus used to come out of the hard structure and began to gather on my belly. Now, after two months, again a little bit of stitch has been opened. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I had gone through all the details you have posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  You have got an infection postoperative at suture site, because of which you are getting pus. I suggest you to consult a general surgeon. There might be a local pocket of...  Read Full »