Q. Why am I getting pus from the stitches of cesarean operation?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 17, 2020

I had a cesarean operation before nine months. But, my stitches have not been cured yet. Earlier, pus used to come out of the hard structure and began to gather on my belly. Now, after two months, again a little bit of stitch has been opened. Please help me.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

I had gone through all the details you have posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 

• You have got an infection postoperative at suture site, because of which you are getting pus.
  • I suggest you to consult a general surgeon. There might be a local pocket of pus beneath those stitches, which needs to be drained for complete healing. We may need to get an ultrasound to rule out the same.
  • Pus needs to be sent for culture and sensitivity and antibiotics need to be taken according to that.
  • Unless the pus is drained and debridement done if required those would not heal.
  • Keep the area clean; apply Betadine or Mupirocin ointment at suture site. So, consult a general surgeon for further treatment.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|