Postpartum Hemorrhage

I am suffering from constipation and mild bleeding after 50 days of delivery. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a normal delivery before 50 days. I am still suffering from constipation, during poo little bit blood come from the anus. And also starting of the second month I am bleeding with bright blood up to four days then it stops, and again I am bleeding the same. What is happening?  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and here is my opinion. Some women do suffer from constipation during pregnancy, and it may extend up to the postpartum period. Proper diet and intake of lots of fluids are essential. Bleeding through the anus is not right, and therefore,...  Read Full »

Do you think my mom has some blood disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned that my mother may have an undiagnosed blood disorder. Can you let me know if her symptoms are anything that can be related any blood disorder? She is 54 years old. Her weight is 65 kg. There is no history of cardiac problem or diabetes. She is relatively healthy and eats a...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: There appears to be no hematologic disorder as tests are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Swelling in the legs could be due to varicose veins, causing fluid accumulation. Central retinal vein occlusion...  Read Full »

Why do I have continous vaginal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing on behalf of my wife. She is facing continuous bleeding from vagina since seven days after post pregnancy bleeding. Here is the complete scenario. We blessed with a baby 38 days ago and it was a C-section delivery. 16 days back the bleeding had stopped completely. Everyth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife is having bleeding per vagina following one month of Cesarean section. This is termed postpartum hemorrhage and often creates an emergency. This could be caused by an infection of C-section wound commonly. But, as per your report (attachment removed to pro...  Read Full »

Shortness of breath and anemia

Query: Hello doctor, I have: Shortness of breath and ongoing anemia since giving birth. Bruising stomach, right arm and behind the chest. Painful legs. I am attaching files.  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shortness of breath can occur secondary to anemia postpartum and are interrelated. However, bruising of arm and stomach may indicate underlying coagulopathy or embolic phenomena secondary to deep vein thrombosis. On observations in the contrast CT scan attached as abov...  Read Full »

I have pain before I get my period. What is happening?

Query: Hello doctor, After my second child (born three years ago) I had PPH. It was a terrible experience and my ob/gyn literally had to pull the clots out with his arms while two nurses held me down. It had to be done so quickly. And now to this day, I always have pain before I get my period, and at rand...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not be stressed and think positive. It would be better if you send me your complete history of menses, gynecological, obstetrics, medicine, and medications you had ever. As far as I could understand, you had postpartum bleeding (after delivery of your second chil...  Read Full »