Q. Why did I get my period even after taking Primolut-N tablets for two days?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

I took the tablet Primolut-N for two days to delay my period. But I got my period on the third day. It is my fifth day of the period, but I am still bleeding like the third day. What should I do?

#

I can understand your concern.

To delay your period, tablet Primolut-N (Norethisterone) should be started atleast one week to ten days before your actual cycle date and continued till the time delay is required. If you take the tablets very close to the date of your period, bleeding can occur before you finish the course itself. This is called breakthrough bleeding.

Periods after taking the tablet Primolut-N are heavy, so you will see slightly heavier periods this time. It will come down on its own, and there is no need for treatment.

But if you are changing more than 3 to 4 pads per day or passing clots, or the period lasts for more than ten days, it has to be treated.

So do not stress.

Hope this was useful.

|