iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologypre -ejaculatory fluidI had protected sex but touched my girlfriend with precum on my hands. Can she become pregnant?

Is it possible to get pregnant with precum?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At November 7, 2023
Reviewed AtApril 9, 2024

Patient's Query

I had sex with my girlfriend twice with complete protection. I washed in between, but I am afraid that the second time I did not wash my hand and penis or maybe washed well. I do not remember. One hour later, I was resting. Then I was sexually aroused. I squeezed my penis, and the precum was on my finger. Then I touched my girlfriend's clitoris and vagina from outside to excite her. I am afraid my precum drop has some sperm from my last ejaculation, which was one hour ago, and caused her to be pregnant.

My girlfriend had a Depo Provera injection only once last year in the first month, and by the last of the fourth month, she was supposed to repeat, but she did not as she had black blood and discharges. Till now, she has been having pink discharges and sometimes heavy bleeding, and she has always been on tamping till today. She mentioned the last protected sex we had that day I reported the incident. Last week she had minor bleeding in the evening, the same day, we had two times sex. She does not know if this is a period of blood or not. Also, she does not know her cycle since she stopped Depo and does not know whether she is ovulating or not. She is still bleeding today and discharging that.

My question is if she still has bleeding and pink discharges, is she not ovulating and is she not pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Raveendran S R

I can understand your concern.

You must insert precum or pre-ejaculatory fluid deep into the vagina to make your partner pregnant. No need to worry if it just touched the vagina. Washing only with water itself will dilute the sperm. You do not need to worry about that too.

Since she is still bleeding may or may not be periods. Still, the uterus would not be fertile since it is bleeding.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Raveendran S R
Dr. Raveendran S R

Sexology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Sexology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy