Q. I doubt whether the precum got in due to ripped condom. Should I take Plan-B pill?

Published on Dec 19, 2019

I and my partner had sex yesterday. We were using condoms but he had changed the condom three times already. On the last one, he took it out because he felt like he needed to ejaculate but it went away after he had pulled out. He then asked me to masturbate him and he ejaculated a little not even a lot. So I realized that the tip of the condom was ripped. I was scared of what if his precum went inside me. He says no but most guys does not even feel when their fluid comes out. I was ovulating last week I do not know if I should take plan b pill or not? I am also scared of the side affects.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You are right to state that if the condom was torn, there may have been some precum gone inside the vagina and even that can make you pregnant unless your partner is absolutely sure about it.

You can choose to take the emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse. It would cause bleeding in the next five to seven days and may be even scanty to heavy. That should prevent any implantation and prevent fertilization by increasing the tubal motility. If you are not sure then you may consider this method of contraception. Side effects may differ in different users from headache, dizziness to nausea and delayed periods in the next cycle with heavy flow. You may choose not to use it.

Ideally speaking the chances are getting pregnant cannot be ascertained or quantified as you are not sure about the ejaculate. If you want you can wait till your next periods and if you miss them by seven days, then you can do a pregnancy test done to affirm or neglect the pregnancy. And if positive then safe termination by the medical method can be opted under specialist supervision.

| 

Had an emergency contraceptive pill after sex. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old and my menstrual cycle is generally of 30 days. Last month I had sex with my boyfriend on just after 2 days of my periods. Though we used condoms but I felt as if it was leaking so to be double sure I took one Unwanted 72 in 23 hours. Now, I am 13 days late for my period...  Read Full »

Can Hiv Enter My Body Through Precum?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I had a sexual encounter with a girl. I did not have any penetrative sex, but I rubbed my penis against her vagina for two to three times. There was no vaginal fluid contact also. I did not have penetrative sex, so I did not use a condom. So, I am worried whether I am exposed ...  Read Full »

Can I get pregnant just with precum?

Query: Hello doctor, I have to ask about my risk of pregnancy from precum. My husband just let his penis inside me three to four times without a condom and he did not have an orgasm. Could I be pregnant? This happened around two months back. I got my periods five days after the event which was my regular ...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now