Prednisone.

What causes repeated nostrils blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I am 6 feet tall and my weight is 86 kg. Basically my entire problem starts at night while lying down. Three to four years back, I had mild pain. While lying down I feel acute pain or some tingling in my left chest sometime it goes down around my body. When I am ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your x-ray reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Read Full »

Does Prednisone help swollen lymph nodes?

Query: Hello doctor, Two years ago, I discovered a small lump in my neck near the back right side. My GP said it did not seem like anything to worry about and to come back if it grows. I noticed no growth, but it did not go away or shrink either. A year and a half later, I developed a rash and stomach blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lymph nodes in the neck, if multiple and greater than 1.5 cm should be biopsied. Especially, if it is persistent for a long time. Most of the symptoms you have had are unrelated to lymphoma, but in a persistent lymph node, lymphoma should be ruled out. This is espe...  Read Full »

Is it safe to restart Prednisone?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with gout in left foot. It has been bothering me for a couple of weeks. Last month, I had issue with my elbow and took Prednisone. Recently, doctor said I cannot take Prednisone again so soon and was essentially screwed. Are there any other treatment options or drugs? How ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, there is no such restriction about restarting Prednisone. As long as there is a clinical need and we have exhausted other options then there is no contraindication to restart steroids. Surely, NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) should be tried be...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take Prednisone and Azathioprine for autoimmune hepatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been itching throughout my body, especially after eating, for about two years. I noticed fatigue and shortness of breath about 18 months ago. I stopped smoking before seven years. I stopped drinking before a year as my upper abdominal area started paining after drinking. Before fi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few important facts I would want you to consider. We have to rule out other forms of hepatitis like viral hepatitis, amyloid or iron deposition, NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis) and alcoholic liver disease. All three markers are non-specific; ant...  Read Full »

Does recurrent high fever cause any serious issue in old people?

Query: Hi doctor, My father suffered from high fever over last week and he was alright. But today again he is feeling a mild rise in his temperature. Is this anything serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you that do not worry as everything is going to be fine soon. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine concerns.  Read Full »

What does intact septal defect mean?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 23 years old. She is 22 weeks pregnant. She has a previous history of complete CHB - congenital heart block diagnosed at the 20th week of her first pregnancy and it was terminated. In her present pregnancy, two weeks back that is around the 20th week cardiologist did fetal echo...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalitha G

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing your wife's history, diagnosis and pertinent reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, your baby has normal heart and has no heart problem. All fetuses when inside the womb of mother, they are absolutely required to have...  Read Full »

My hearing is muffled after a noise-induced hearing loss incident. Will it ever get better?

Query: Hello doctor, I experienced a noise-induced hearing loss incident three days ago by firing a couple of shots from a rifle without using ear plugs. I went to see a doctor. He confirmed that my eardrums were not ruptured and prescribed 20 mg of Prednisone. As of now, my hearing is still muffled, loud...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We must continue the course of steroids (Prednisone). With time, we do hope that the hearing returns. It is hard to predict how much of an improvement you will have. It depends on the intensity of the sound that you exposed your ears to while firing. Since the duration...  Read Full »

Are there any treatment options available to stop the progress of cataract ?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is suffering from rapidly progressive kidney disease, for which she is on Prednisone for last 4 months. As a side effect of the drug she is developing cataract in her eyes. She usually wears prescription glasses but recently her eye sight improved and upon examination her docto...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. One of the side effects of steroids is cataract formation. As you said it is in early stage, it need not be operated. It may take years to become mature cataract. As for prevention of cataract: there are no proven methods or preventive drugs...  Read Full »

My mother is taking six pills of 20 mg Prednisone every other day. Is it too much?

Query: Hello doctor, My 76 years old mother has a kidney infection. The doctor prescribed 20 mg Prednisone, and she is to take six pills every other day. I have taken Prednisone before, and I know the danger of this medication. Are six pills of 20 mg Prednisone every other day too much?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Steroids are not used in infection. In fact, if a person has an infection, then steroids will flare it and result in septic shock, as they decrease immunity. If a doctor has prescribed it, that means the kidney infection is less likely. She might have some degree of acu...  Read Full »

My soles and fingertips are red. Could this be a side effect of my steroid medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been put on Prednisone steroids for 21 days because of an allergic reaction to poison ivy. I have been off them for almost three weeks and I still feel withdrawal symptoms. The latest side effect, tonight, was red finger tips with white palms. The soles of my feet are also very ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. You received Prednisone for 21 days and have stopped them three weeks ago. Let me explain about steroids. Steroids are tapered slowly if taken for a duration longer than a week. The withdrawal symptoms have a dramati...  Read Full »