Q. I am in doubt about my accidental pregnancy and have no idea what to do. Please help.

Dr. Monica Mathur

I have not been on birth control for over four years and have regular(unprotected) sex because I thought that maybe getting pregnant was not in the cards for me. However, I just found out I am seven weeks pregnant. I am 24 years old, and while I am not a teenager, I feel I am not ready to start a family. However, I cannot stop thinking about what if this is my only shot and what if I never get pregnant again. I have no idea what to do.

#

After the age of 21 years, a female body is capable of getting pregnant and giving birth to a healthy baby. If you have no financial or personal issues, this is the right time to have your first baby and then have a gap of at least four to five years for your career. Feel accessible to any other queries.

|