I am a 30-year-old female trying to conceive and my pelvis examination and laboratory test results were normal. Please help.

Q. How can a 30-year-old woman who is overweight achieve pregnancy?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am a 30-year-old female weighing 85 kg, and I have a regular 26 days cycle with periods of five days. It has been a year that I have been trying to get conceived. I tested my pelvis, which was normal, and FBD, FSH, and HB were also normal. A doctor I consulted suggests to reduce my weight and to have the following tablets:

1. Folmet 500 mg one tablet after food everyday morning.

2. Glycomet one tablet after food everyday morning and night.

3. Dronis 30 one tablet after food everyday night from the fifth day of the period.

Could you please let me know the purpose of each tablet and how it will help me to get conceived?

#

I thoroughly read your query and understand your concern.

Drugs you are taking are mostly to reduce the side effects of polycystic ovaries, to help conceive, and have regular cycles.

• Folmet (folic acid and Trimethylglycine) contains folic acid and vitamin B and is used to reduce the risk of anemia.
  • Glycomet (Metformin) is normally given for balancing glucose levels and maintaining cardiovascular disease, hypertension, etc.
  • Dronis (Ethinyl estradiol and Drospirenone) is given to support menopausal ladies or for birth control or to regulate cycles.

Follow healthy tips and ask your doctor when to stop Dronis if you want to conceive. It is better to follow these healthy tips and try for conception with positive hope:

• Follow a healthy diet with less salt, sugar, spice, and oil. Walk daily, exercise, and do yoga regularly to reduce weight and have a normal BMI (body mass index).
  • Have folic acid as you are taking Folmet, continue it. Try to have complete treatment for any health issue you have.
  • Engage in recreational activities and quit recreational drugs as a couple.
  • Have sex in the fertile period of your cycle or in the irregular cycle in the suspected fertile period.

I hope you get my point.

Best of luck.

|