Q. I am a HIV negative man married to a HIV positive woman. We would like to have a child. Please advice.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Pregnancy For Hiv Mother or Hiv? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I am a HIV negative man married to a HIV positive woman.  We would like to have a child.  Please advice.

I am a 26 year old HIV negative man married to a HIV positive woman. We would like to have a child. I want to know if there is any medication that can prevent the child from being infected. Is there any risk of me also getting infected?