Q. Is it safe to eat papaya during my pregnancy?

I know papaya should not be eaten during pregnancy, but I have seen some influencers eating fully ripe papayas while pregnant and still have a healthy baby. While I searched in internet sources, papayas are contraindicated during pregnancy. I am confused. Kindly help.

#

I read your query and understand your concern. In early pregnancy, it is avoided because of the presence of papain in the innermost layer of the papaya and the seeds. However, the ripe yellow part can be consumed in the late second and third trimesters if she wants.

|