Q. Kindly review my blood reports and advise me on how to maintain good health.

I need a consultation about my blood reports. And also advise me on how to maintain good health during pregnancy.

Thanks.

#

Thanks for the query. Your blood values are normal for the first trimester (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

Reports for hemoglobinopathy, HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), syphilis, hepatitis B, and a dual marker are still awaited. Assuming that you have just entered into the second trimester, what are the symptoms you are experiencing, and what makes you feel unwell? Is it nausea, bloating, headaches, constipation, or decreased appetite? Please elaborate.

Kindly follow up for advice.

Thanks for the reply.

My last menstruation was 80 days ago. I have got headaches for a few days. I feel cold and I usually take Aspirin. What medicine can I take now?

Thanks.

#

For nausea and headaches, I suggest you take tablet Doxinate (Doxylamine and vitamin B6) twice daily for five days and tablet Paracetamol for headaches as and when required.

Do you feel any burning sensation while passing urine? If yes, then there is a urinary tract infection that causes fever with chills, especially in the evening.

Also, decreased water intake during the day can potentiate dehydration, and dehydration itself can potentiate nausea and headache.

Take care.

|