Q. Can I get pregnant even after taking an i-Pill and getting periods after unprotected intercourse?

Dr. Rajesh Jain

I took an i-Pill after unprotected sex, although there was no ejaculation. It was on in the first week of March. My period cycle is 32 - 35 days. I got my periods in the third week of March. Duration of the periods used to be 3 - 5 days. But this time it hardly reached three days. Then again got my periods in the last week of April. The duration was just two days, and on the third day, there was slight bleeding, and then it stopped. The past two months have been stressful due to exams. I also have low blood pressure. I always overeat, have cravings, headaches, and sometimes my head spins. Though I got two periods, I am extremely anxious and even scared of pregnancy. So what is happening to me? I am always tired and irritated.

Can you please help me, doctor?

#

As you have already got periods after intercourse, there is nothing to worry about. There is no chance for you to get pregnant. I suggest you do meditation regularly and some relaxation exercises. No tests and medications are needed for now.

Thanks for the response.

How to control the cravings and overeating, doctor? I have gained around seven kilograms in the past two months. Yet, I am not able to exercise as I always feel tired. Can this be because of hormonal imbalance?

Thank you, doctor.

#

This is due to some hormone disturbance caused by stress and i-Pill. I suggest you start with walking or some light exercises. Consume more fruits and vegetable salads. Do meditation or deep breathing exercises thrice a day. Importantly, try to stay calm and relaxed.

Thanks for your response.

I am having shortness of breath often. When can I get my regular periods back? My regular period's duration was 3 - 5 days. But now it has been reduced to 2 - 3 days.

Please help.

#

You can expect periods around the fourth week of this month.

Do you have any rashes, vaginal discharge, or pain? Any burning sensation while urinating or chest burning?

There are no rashes. Sometimes I experience abdominal pain, gas problem, and constipation too. Itching is seen in the anus region. Vaginal dryness and normal discharges are present. No burning sensation while urinating is present. Sometimes I have chest pain but no burning issues. I always tend to overthink. So sometimes I panic a lot. My blood pressure right now is 69 / 105 mm/Hg. In general, my hemoglobin is always a little low.

#

To overcome anxiety, do meditation regularly. To reduce weight and prevent constipation, do yoga and pranayam regularly. I suggest regularly taking dates, beetroot, jaggery, and green leafy vegetables for low hemoglobin levels. Avoid rice, oily foods, and fast food.

There are no signs of infection, and there is nothing to worry about. However, I suggest you take (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take the medicines with their consent), capsule Pan-D (Domperidone and Pantoprazole) once a day on an empty stomach, tablet Nexito (Escitalopram and Clonazepam) 5 mg, one in the night for few weeks, and tablet Fersoft Z (Cyanocobalamin, Ferrous Fumarate, Magnesium Oxide, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Folic Acid, and Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate), once daily for six weeks.

|