iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologypregnancy scareCan pregnancy result from intercourse without penetration?

My boyfriend ejaculated near my vagina. Can you please tell me if I am pregnant?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

Published At May 11, 2021
Reviewed AtOctober 3, 2023

Patient's Query

I am a 21-year-old female. Recently, my boyfriend ejaculated near my vagina without penetration on the seventh day of my period. Thereafter, I experienced spotting for few days until the 17th day of my menstrual cycle, after which I experienced a full bleeding period. Can you please tell me if I am pregnant?

Please help.

Before I could help you with your query, can you please answer the following questions:

1. How long was your period?
  2. Was the amount of bleeding similar to your other bleeding cycles?
  3. Did the period occur at the usual time as your previous cycles?

Kindly get back to me with the replies.

Patient's Query

Thank you for the reply doctor.

The period was four days long, the amount of bleeding was similar to normal periods. Bleeding occurred within 15 days of a normal cycle. After my last period, there was spotting for about 15 days, and after that, a normal period of four days occurred. Earlier also, I have gone through irregular cycles of 15 days. One more additional information, I wiped out the semen with a cloth as soon as possible.

Please help with my concern.

Do not worry. In your case, the chances of pregnancy are very low. Kindly wait till your next period. If it is delayed, take a pregnancy test (just for confirmation). If the next cycle is also irregular, further investigation will be required. But do not worry about pregnancy.

Patient's Query

Today I got my periods again after the conditions I already explained you. I wanted to ask, am I now safe of pregnancy

Please help.

Welcome back to icliniq.com

As you have had have had your period , you are safe. There are no.chances of pregnancy.

Don't worry.

Stay safe.

Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston
Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy