Q. How accurate is the bleach pregnancy test?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
Published on Nov 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2019

How accurate is the bleach pregnancy test? What is your suggestion?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• As there is no scientific data available for bleach pregnancy test and due to lack of standardization, it is not a reliable one.
  • Yes, it is true that bleach can react with HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). But, without standardization about the concentration and quantity of bleach to be used, the test can be both positive and false negative.
  • So the answer is, it is not that accurate. The accuracy can vary from 20% to 80%.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »

Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is gener...  Read Full »