Q. How accurate is the bleach pregnancy test?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2019

How accurate is the bleach pregnancy test? What is your suggestion?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• As there is no scientific data available for bleach pregnancy test and due to lack of standardization, it is not a reliable one.
  • Yes, it is true that bleach can react with HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). But, without standardization about the concentration and quantity of bleach to be used, the test can be both positive and false negative.
  • So the answer is, it is not that accurate. The accuracy can vary from 20% to 80%.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|