HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologypregnancy testMy pregnancy test reveals a thin pink line. Am I pregnant?

How is it possible to get a faint pink line on a pregnancy test despite using condoms and getting periods?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 8, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 30, 2024

Patient's Query

After terminating an unwanted pregnancy, my menstruation cycle lengthens to 35 days. After that, I experienced two periods. I had sex once more and had burning when urinating, along with a temperature and some stomach aches. We used condoms, and I just noticed a slight decrease in the flow of my period, which suggests that pregnancy is not possible. Still I took a pregnancy test in the morning to ease my concern and saw a faint pink line. How is it even possible? Kindly help.

I read your query and can understand your concern.

21 to 35 days cycle is considered normal, so do not worry about that. As per your description, there was a urinary tract infection, And for that, did you take an antibiotics course? Do you have burning micturition, and abdominal pain now? A faint pink line indicates weakly positive results, and this is not reliable, so I would suggest doing a blood hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test to detect pregnancy.

I hope I have answered your question.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao
Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy