Q. I am having a doubt regarding pregnancy

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2013 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I have a doubt regarding pregnancy. I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend a few days back. As per my knowledge, there was no ejaculation of sperm and to be on the safer side, she took an I-pill six hours prior to sex. But, she has not got the period for this month yet. Is this due to pregnancy? Or should we wait some more days? Is the delay in her periods because of the I-pill?

#

You can wait for another two days for the menses to come. Many times a fluctuation of two to three days is seen even in the normal cycle.

In case they are further delayed, then get a urine pregnancy test at home. If it is positive, then consult a gynecologist immediately. If negative, get a USG (ultrasound scan) done just to be sure as it will show gestational sac if there is pregnancy.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|