iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologypregnancyI am a 30-year-old female. Suggest me few tips to conceive.

How can a 30-year-old woman who is overweight achieve pregnancy?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 22, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 30, 2024

Patient's Query


I am a 30-year-old female weighing 85 kg, and I have a regular 26 days cycle with periods of five days. It has been a year that I have been trying to get conceived. I tested my pelvis, which was normal, and FBD, FSH, and HB were also normal. A doctor I consulted suggests to reduce my weight and to have the following tablets:

1. Folmet 500 mg one tablet after food everyday morning.

2. Glycomet one tablet after food everyday morning and night.

3. Dronis 30 one tablet after food everyday night from the fifth day of the period.

Could you please let me know the purpose of each tablet and how it will help me to get conceived?

Answered by Dr. Uzma Arqam


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I thoroughly read your query and understand your concern.

Drugs you are taking are mostly to reduce the side effects of polycystic ovaries, to help conceive, and have regular cycles.

  • Folmet (folic acid and Trimethylglycine) contains folic acid and vitamin B and is used to reduce the risk of anemia.
  • Glycomet (Metformin) is normally given for balancing glucose levels and maintaining cardiovascular disease, hypertension, etc.
  • Dronis (Ethinyl estradiol and Drospirenone) is given to support menopausal ladies or for birth control or to regulate cycles.

Follow healthy tips and ask your doctor when to stop Dronis if you want to conceive. It is better to follow these healthy tips and try for conception with positive hope:

  • Follow a healthy diet with less salt, sugar, spice, and oil. Walk daily, exercise, and do yoga regularly to reduce weight and have a normal BMI (body mass index).
  • Have folic acid as you are taking Folmet, continue it. Try to have complete treatment for any health issue you have.
  • Engage in recreational activities and quit recreational drugs as a couple.
  • Have sex in the fertile period of your cycle or in the irregular cycle in the suspected fertile period.

I hope you get my point.

Best of luck.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy