Q. Is it safe to take Rovamycin forte during pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I am 1 month pregnant. My doctor prescribed me Rovamycin forte as my rubella IgG came positive and IgM negative. Is it safe to take this medicine?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

I have read and understood your problem.

• Rovamycin is for toxoplasmosis. What is the report of toxoplasma?
  • Your rubella test IgG came positive and IgM came negative. So, you have immunity against rubella and do not need any treatment.
  • By the way, Rovamycin forte is safely prescribed in pregnancy, if needed. Take care.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|