Q. Is it safe to take Rovamycin forte during pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I am 1 month pregnant. My doctor prescribed me Rovamycin forte as my rubella IgG came positive and IgM negative. Is it safe to take this medicine?

#

I have read and understood your problem.

• Rovamycin is for toxoplasmosis. What is the report of toxoplasma?
  • Your rubella test IgG came positive and IgM came negative. So, you have immunity against rubella and do not need any treatment.
  • By the way, Rovamycin forte is safely prescribed in pregnancy, if needed. Take care.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can Olanzapine and Dicorate be continued in pregnant woman with bipolar disorder?

Query: Hello doctor,My sister is suffering from bipolar disorder for the last 10 years and is presently in stable condition with Olanzapine 2.5 mg and Dicorate 250 mg one tablet each per day during night. However, recently she came to know about her pregnancy and her doctor asked her to check with a psychi...  Read Full »

Is it safe to continue taking the Nexium beyond two weeks while pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am six weeks pregnant. I have struggled with GERD and esophagitis for years and my gastroenterologist put me on Nexium, which is the only thing that helps. I usually do a two-week treatment every year. My pregnancy is exacerbating the GERD. I just finished a two-week Nexium treatment a...  Read Full »

Will Risperidone and Asprito affect my fetus during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two episodes of psychosis in the past two years. I started treatment with Risperidone and later started Asprito 5 mg. I am getting married after two months. I want to know that if I start a family, will this treatment affect my baby's health as only limited medicines are allowed...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»