Q. Is it safe to take Rovamycin forte during pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I am 1 month pregnant. My doctor prescribed me Rovamycin forte as my rubella IgG came positive and IgM negative. Is it safe to take this medicine?

#

I have read and understood your problem.

• Rovamycin is for toxoplasmosis. What is the report of toxoplasma?
  • Your rubella test IgG came positive and IgM came negative. So, you have immunity against rubella and do not need any treatment.
  • By the way,¬†Rovamycin forte is safely prescribed in pregnancy, if needed. Take care.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|