Q. Kindly advice about the correct time in a month to get pregnant.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

Kindly clear me these doubts.

1. How does exercise help mental health?

2. Which is the best time of the month to get pregnant?

3. Give some tips for trying to conceive a boy (or girl), any truth to old wives tales?

4. And tips for how soon a woman can take a pregnancy test.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

From day 1 to 10 days of the period it is safe period, there is no chance of pregnancy as there is no ovulation happening during this period. From day 12 to 24, it is a fertile period, and there are high chances of pregnancy. Conceiving a boy or girl depends on the chromosomes, and it is difficult to predict. Still, according to old tales, it depends on your date of birth, last period date, and time of ovulation. Once you have missed your period, you can get a urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample after three to four days, in case of a regular cycle.

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »

Despite ovulation induction, I did not get pregnant. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. My height is 5'1" and my weight is 61 kg. I am a bit overweight. I have pcod problem. I got married 2 years back and I cannot get pregnant. I had Clomid and hCG injections twice. Both were failed. But, doctor said that my egg growth is good. I have attached my hormon...  Read Full »

What are the reasons behind spotting that occur during fertile period?

Query: Hi doctor, I need confirmation about spotting during fertility window, high and medium. Is it normal for 20 years old lady?  Read Full »