Q. Kindly advice about the correct time in a month to get pregnant.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Kindly clear me these doubts.

1. How does exercise help mental health?

2. Which is the best time of the month to get pregnant?

3. Give some tips for trying to conceive a boy (or girl), any truth to old wives tales?

4. And tips for how soon a woman can take a pregnancy test.

Do you have a question on Pregnancy or Ovulation?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

MBBS., MS OBG
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

From day 1 to 10 days of the period it is safe period, there is no chance of pregnancy as there is no ovulation happening during this period. From day 12 to 24, it is a fertile period, and there are high chances of pregnancy. Conceiving a boy or girl depends on the chromosomes, and it is difficult to predict. Still, according to old tales, it depends on your date of birth, last period date, and time of ovulation. Once you have missed your period, you can get a urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample after three to four days, in case of a regular cycle.

Also Read Answers From: Pregnancy Ovulation Fertile Period

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.
Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full >>
Dr. Natalie Chaitan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An initially positive pregnancy test that later becomes negative can happen with very early miscarriages. Such miscarriages can occur with little or no initial blood loss. These are termed chemical pregnancies, as they are lost before they attach to the womb and before...  Read Full

Despite ovulation induction, I did not get pregnant. What to do now?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. My height is 5'1" and my weight is 61 kg. I am a bit overweight. I have pcod problem. I got married 2 years back and I cannot get pregnant. I had Clomid and hCG injections twice. Both were failed. But, doctor said that my egg growth is good. I have attached my hormon...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hormone reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) submitted are normal and the ultrasound seems fine. But, as there is no detail about the sizes of follicles reached during both cycles of ovulation induction it is difficult to make a comment here. Ho...  Read Full

What are the reasons behind spotting that occur during fertile period?
Query: Hi doctor, I need confirmation about spotting during fertility window, high and medium. Is it normal for 20 years old lady?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been sexually active during your fertile window, then this could be an implantation bleed, get a serum beta hCG test to confirm pregnancy. If you are not, then the most common cause of mid-cycle spotting is ovulation bleed which is physiological in most ...  Read Full

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now