Q. What are the chances of me to get pregnant after taking i-pill?

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Sep 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2019

I had sex and took i-pill. My periods started around 12 days later and lasted for 4 days. I got my periods next month around the same date, which lasted for just one day. So, I took a urine pregnancy test, which was negative. I got my regular periods on the third month as well and it lasted for 3 days. My next periods lasted for just 2 days. I have read on the internet sources that many women get periods during their pregnancy. What are the chances of me being pregnant? I am doubtful because I always used to have regular periods which last for 5 days.

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

How was your bleeding during the cycles? Was the flow scanty when compared to your previous cycle (I am not talking about the duration of flow here)?

Revert with the details to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

The bleeding was heavy in my first month after i-pill. My bleeding is usually very heavy on the first day. I had to change three to four pads on the first day. During my second and third month, the bleeding was too heavy on the first day. My last period was just for two days and as usual, on the first day the bleeding was heavy and I changed three to four pads. I used a pregnancy test kit for testing pregnancy and it shows a single line near to C end. Kindly let me know what should I do. Is it possible that urine pregnancy test will be negative if I do it after a long time conception? Do I need to go to a doctor for ultrasound?

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

• If you had heavy bleeding even for one day, it can be considered as a normal menstrual cycle and you may not be pregnant.
  • The menstrual cycle of a woman can change its pattern anytime. If you had to bleed for 5 days all these years, it does not mean that you will have the same pattern throughout your life.
  • I would like to mention here that the term heavy bleeding is subjective to the person. What seems to be 'heavy bleeding' for you, may not seem 'heavy' to me.
  • Examining with all the information that you have provided, it does not look like you are pregnant.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask an obstetrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »

Pregnancy tests are negative, but am still having pregnancy symptoms. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who started taking birth control pills eight months back, but I only took it for a week and stopped taking them. In that same week, I had unprotected sex with my fiance, and I had my periods the next day. The next month I got my periods two weeks earlier, and I ...  Read Full »

Tackling the Time Of Menstrual Cycle Every Month

Article Overview: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting women.Adhering to a healthy lifestyle i.e balanced diet, physical activity,mental relaxation etc improves the ability to cope with pain.Pain killers can be taken as advised by your gynaecologist. Read Article

Dr. Gowrimeena

Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting 40-70% of women in the reproductive age group. In medical terms we call this as dysmenorrhoea. This is associated with significant psychological, physical, behavioral and social distress. Usually it starts at the onset...  Read Article