Q. I have never been able to hold off ejaculation during intercourse. Kindly help me.

Dr. C Sharath Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2021

I have never been able to hold off ejaculation during sex. It has been a problem my entire life. Relationships have been lost, and it was a significant cause of a marriage failing. My current wife is understanding and has told me I need to seek treatment. Currently, I experience anxiety, and soon after intercourse, depression. I want to have a good sexual relationship with my wife and not have this looming feeling over me. At one point in my life, I was prescribed anti-anxiety or anti-depression medication, and it helped significantly. The only issue was the medications I was prescribed caused severe weight gain, and I felt like a zombie. What should I do? Kindly help me.

#

You have premature ejaculation (PE).

PE is ejaculating before you, or your partner are satisfied. It is a common problem that most men face at some point in their lives. Several factors can influence when ejaculation occurs. It can be controlled with some techniques. In extreme cases, medical treatment is required.

Here are some treatments to help you get over PE:

1) Use Lignocaine gel or spray. Apply it over the glans penis 15 minutes before intercourse.

2) Control your mind. Do yoga and meditation.

3) Slow down your intercourse speed.

4) Do the stop-start technique.

5) You can use penile silicon rings or bands.

6) Keep your penis clean always. Wash its head twice daily.

7) Pinch the base of the penis at the peak of intercourse.

8) Ask your partner to do this pinching. Ask her to pull your testicles gently.

9) Withdrew penis and squeeze it and insert again.

10) Do kegel exercise.

11) Do sun therapy for the glans penis.

12) Divert your attention.

13) Get circumcision done if you have not undergone it earlier.

14) Frenulotomy may help if you have a tight frenulum.

I hope this was helpful.

|