Prevent Bedwetting

My 4 year old son is bedwetting. Will this get fine when he grows older?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4 years old. I know he is still too young, but when he is not feeling well or he is tired, he gets very deep sleep and he urinates himself- basically, he is bedwetting. Well, I have to admit that I was bedwetting till I was 14 years old, my father also was bedwetting when he...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no co-relation between bedwetting and temperature. So do not worry about that. Also as regards to bedwetting, make it a point for the child to empty the bladder before going to bed. Also, you can wake up the child in the middle of the night if you find out that...  Read Full »

How to correct bedwetting of a 9 year old?

Query: Hi doctor, My child, who is 9 years old, has¬†bedwetting problem. Please suggest me.  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1 out of 65 children, wet the bed regularly at 9 years of age. Occasionally, bedwetting can be triggered by emotional distress, such as being bullied or moving to a new school.¬†Reassuring your child that everything is fine is also important. Do not tell them off or punis...  Read Full »