Prevent Infectious Diseases

Is sialadenitis contagious?

Query: Hi doctor,My mother was diagnosed with sialadenitis by my doctor without testing. Her cheek is swollen without much discomfort. She has a slight sore throat. Is it safe to have my four-month-old baby around her?  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is swelling in the cheeks, then there is a high possibility for your mother to have viral parotitis. Swelling in the ipsilateral parotid gland occurs. It is considered as viral cause as it presents with dull aching pain without any other major symptoms unlike a...  Read Full »

How can I prevent getting infected with the new Coronavirus?

Query: Hello doctor,I am an educator who will be returning to work for in-person classes. We have been quarantined for three months, not willing to risk it, so going back is scary for us. My question is, what sort of routine would be best when getting home from being exposed to more than 500 people to prot...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry, and try following the suggestions written below. 1. At the office- Wear masks (N95 /3 PLY) at all times. Wash hands with soap and water every 1-2 hours. Sanitize (70% Isopropyl alcohol or 90% ethyl alcohol containing sanitizer) every seat, t...  Read Full »

What is Zovirax used for?

Query: Hello doctor, Two years back, I had fever and headache. From then I am having gait and muscle pains. After many tests, doctor suggested EBV test. Results are IgG positive and IgM came negative and then gave Zovirax 800. I am shocked as it is a tablet for HIV. Does my EBV report say that I have HIV...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Zovirax (Acyclovir) is actually a medicine for viral infection and your physician is on right lines. Do not worry about that. Not many benefits are seen with Zovirax in infectious mononucleosis (IM) caused by Epstein-Barr virus- EBV, but this is good if indicated. Yes,...  Read Full »

How are interlabial pads used?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain about interlabial pads. How is it used? Why do some women prefer it?  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Interlabial pad is a modified version of the traditional sanitary pad. It is petal or leaf-shaped, and it is highly absorbing. It is designed in a way to have a direct menstrual flow to the center and prevents the blood leaking to the surrounding. It also prevents the b...  Read Full »

Does my X-ray indicate that I have had tuberculosis in the past?

Query: Hello doctor, Attached herewith is a detailed report of an X-ray with previous pathological indications. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Chest X-ray as per reports: There is a mild prominence of broncho-vascular markings noted in the visualized bilateral lung fields consistent with bronchitis. Fibrotic...  Read Full »