Prevention Of Head Lice

I found lice in my sister's hair. How do I ensure they are gone?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister is 16 years old. I found lice in her hair a few days ago. For two nights, she applied butter in her hair while she slept. I then combed through her hair with a flea comb twice a day. She washed everything in vinegar at a high temperature. I have not seen any today on her h...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. From your description, she seems to have pediculosis, that is head lice infestation. She should maintain a very good hygiene and make sure that no other body parts like axillae (armpits), and groin are involved. The most effective medication in ...  Read Full »

My kids have missed several days of school due to head lice. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My kids have missed several days of school due to head lice. We have been fighting it for a while, and I do not want to get into trouble for the kids missing school. How can I get rid of the head lice once and for all? I have done the shampoos and the cleaning routine. What else can I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ediberto Cordero

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very common to get head lice in stages of childhood and adolescence. It mainly spreads by contact with other children in school. So, it is very likely that other children also have head lice and should also be evaluated and treated to eliminate the problem. Do no...  Read Full »