Prevention Of Kidney Stones

Will Removal Of Kidney Stone Improve Gfr?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I have had a kidney stone in my right kidney for around eight months and now it is relatively large 22 mm. I have attached my report for your reference. I am suffering from recurrent kidney infections in the past couple years and had a stone in my left kidney wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw all your reports and your clinical details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your tendency for recurrent stone formation which needs to be evaluated. You need not to worry about eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate) currently as creatinin...  Read Full »

Are there any problems in my routine health checkup reports?

Query: Hello doctor, I have no issues as such but not feeling fit. I am more concerned about my health. I would like to know whether my routine checkup results are alright or not. I have no symptoms of any kind. I have taken ayurveda treatment for SGPT, SGOT, and high protein. I am attaching my reports fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and came across a few significant values. Elevated uric acid can increase the risk of kidney stones and joint pains. I would suggest you have plenty of water and avoid having non-vegetarian...  Read Full »

How can kidney stones be detected?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need a thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis ...  Read Full »

I have a kidney stone just six months after a stone surgery. Can you suggest a cure?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27 year old male. Six months back, I underwent a urinary bladder stone surgery. Now everything is fine. Today, I have done a general checkup for follow-up. A USG abdomen scan was done (scan copy attached). The radiologist said there are small calculi in the left and right kidneys...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Once a kidney stone forms, there is a high risk for recurrent formation. But, a surgery will be required if the size becomes significant to prevent spontaneous passage. I suggest j...  Read Full »

My CT scan done for back issues revealed a kidney stone. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, On a thoracic lumbar CT scan performed early this month, the radiologist found a 5 mm non-obstructive stone.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not worry as the kidney stone is small in size and non-obstructive. No medicines are required at all. Just drink plenty of fluids and the stone would pass easily. I hope it helps you. If you have any further queries, please ask me. For more information consul...  Read Full »

How to get rid of my kidney stone naturally?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a kidney stone of 4.4 mm at the joint of the left side kidney to the ureter. I also have a mild swelling in my left kidney, while the kidney function test is normal. My stone was not detected on the ultrasound, but it is visible in the CT Scan. I had blood in the urine 12 days ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello,  Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. The urologist's suggestion is right. The kidney swelling can lead to a further damage in the kidney. The blood in the urine was due to a friction of the stone with the kidney surface. There is no blood in the urine now either due to a mild ch...  Read Full »

How can I be free from kidney stone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 59 year old male. I had kidney stones problem for nearly eight years. I had multiple operations such as right pyelolithotomy and left ureterolithotomy to remove stone during that period. Now, after 20 years, I got a sudden pain and my ultrasound detected kidney stone. I had a CT s...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you remained without any major stone episodes for more than 10 years. Your creatinine level is normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which is good. You can wait and follow up every three months with ultrasound for stones. The best would ...  Read Full »