Q. What should I do for heavy bleeding following I-pill?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

I took an I-pill on the 27th hour of unprotected sex. I am having severe abdominal pain since I took the pill. I am experiencing a little shortness of breathing. Now, I am on my periods, but it was four days late. It has been 10 days since I have taken I-pill. I am having unendurable pain and bleeding. I tried pregnancy detection kit and it showed negative. What should I do?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The fact that the menses have started after 10 days of I-pill intake ensures that there is no pregnancy.
  • The pain and heavy bleeding are secondary to the progesterone effect of the high dose progesterone pill like I-pill.
  • It is suggested that you should take tablet Trapic-MF (Tranexamic acid) twice a day for next three days. This should take care of pain and bleeding. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • You may increase your water intake and use hot fomentation locally to reduce pain as well.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|