Q. What is the reason for breast leakage?

Dr. Meeta Airen
and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 11, 2022

I am 28-year-old female and weigh 72 kgs. I am not married or pregnant. Recently, I have been having a problem of breast leakage, and during intercourse, my boyfriend has also shared the same concern. It is embarrassing and alarming at the same time. What could be the reason?

#

This should be definitely investigated. I would advise you to do a serum prolactin test first.

Oh ok. Is this anything serious?

Do I need to take any precautions about it?

Can weight gain also be a reason?

#

I do not think it is serious but definitely diagnosis is must.

It will be corrected. Do not worry.

Weight gain may not be related.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|