iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologyprolonged sexI want to improve my sex time. What do I do?

What are the ways to prolong sex?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. K. V. Anand

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 1, 2023
Reviewed AtFebruary 2, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

How to improve my sex time?

Is it possible to improve sex timings?

I have no children. We are planning to take treatment.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Do not panic. You must understand premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is diagnosed when you have ejaculation within one or two minutes of sex, continuously several times with the same partner for over six months. There is nothing called premature ejaculation during masturbation. Premature ejaculation occurs when a man ejaculates sooner during sexual intercourse than his partner. Premature ejaculation is a common problem due to psychological stress and anxiety in most people. I suggest sex therapy and sex counseling for you. If you have a partner, talk to her before and during the act, prolong foreplay and be under no pressure to perform or penetrate. It should all flow and happen naturally. I suggest you read about the star squeeze technique and stop-start method, besides considering delay spray, which is easily available in the local pharmacy. Lifestyle changes, reducing consumption of alcohol, relaxation, exercise, and yoga will all enhance physical well-being and positively contribute to psychological wellness and confidence. Aerobic exercise or running or swimming will increase your stamina and endurance. In terms of treatment, a low-dose anti-anxiety medication from the SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) group of medicines may help. Most importantly, you will benefit from seeking one consultation with a psychologist to explore other reasons and underlying psychological problems contributing to your reported difficulty.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. K. V. Anand
Dr. K. V. Anand


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy