Prostaglandins

Can trauma change the color of the iris?

Query: Hi doctor, I have read articles regarding blunt trauma to the eyeball, it state that trauma changes the color of the iris. My query is, why does the color change happen? Does the whole of the iris change color from blue to brown? Is there anything to do with pigmentation? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, trauma can change the color of the iris. This is because of iris atrophy. The iris involved in trauma turns white or grey due to a lack of blood supply to the affected area. This change does not include the whole iris. I hope this clears your doubt. Regards.  Read Full »