Q. Can prostate problems cause weight loss?

I am 66 years old male. I am a vegetarian, non-diabetic, but I lost 8 kilograms in the past 12 months from 81 to 73 kg, apparently for no reason. My diet and lifestyle are the same for the last five years. Please help me.

#

Following is my opinion on your asked question. In your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity), important findings are elevated absolute lymphocyte count, slight elevated HbA1c (hemoglobin A1c), increase in LDL (low-density lipoprotein), and HDL (high-density lipoprotein)ratio. For mildly elevated sugar and high LDL and HDL ratio, less sugar-containing and less fatty diet can be taken. I suggest you take more fruits as well. To gain your lost weight protein rich food should be included in your meal. In the attached report, thyroid values are normal. So hyperthyroidism does not cause weight loss. In the attached reports, there is no obvious cause for weight loss. It might be age-related or some chronic infection. More urination at night could be by enlarged prostate gland. You should consult a nearby physician for your detailed physical evaluation. Elevated lymphocyte count could be due to temporary viral infection. I suggest you repeat CBC (complete blood count), especially lymphocytes count, after ten days. Please revert to me with a repeat CBC because we need to check lymphocyte count after few days. If it remains elevated, then it will suggest further investigations. I hope I have answered your question.

|