Q. I have mild pain in my left testicle and a small lump in my scrotum. What could it be?

Answered by
Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am a 44-year-old male who is 6.2 feet tall and weighs about 82 kg with an athletic body. I like to do physical activities to keep fit and take a balanced diet. I am having mild pain for the past three weeks in my left testicle. Sometimes it subsides for short intervals. However, after some physical activity, it tends to go up slightly. I have not taken any painkillers. There is no urologist within two hours of my place of residence. I examined the testicle on my own after seeing it on the internet. There is no visible swelling, lump, or redness on my testicle to the best of my understanding. However, the left testicle appears tender to touch, and on one specific point, the pain is there to touch. It also occurs more significant than the right one and is above the right one's level. The scrotum, a lot of times, feels tight and heavy. There is no urology related problem with my parents. I have a problem with having too many noncancerous lumps in many places in the body, which increase with age, especially on the arms. I have a few on them again in my body near the abdomen, arm, and side back. Now I feel such a small lump in my scrotum also near the groin. I got two ultrasound done for a similar thing two-three years ago while consulting a physician. They could not diagnose anything. The pain subsided on its own then. However, now this has recurred. I also have a problem requiring to urinate soon after drinking water (I tend to drink less water because of less thirst while I want to drink more). Also, my urine stream has gone relatively weaker in the last three years. Also, I feel that my bladder does not hold that much urine as others can for as long as I can remember. If I drink a glass of water at night, I get up at least twice to urinate. I have tried to explain all I could as regards my problem. Can you suggest some relief from the pain? I can avail urologist facility only when consultant urologist starts visiting my place. All other vitals are normal except for an occasional high pulse around 90 to 100.

Thanks and regards.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thank you for giving us a lot of details which make our work easy. At this age, it seems to me that you got enlarged prostate hence weaker stream and on-off pain in testis. An enlarged prostate is mainly a male issue at the age of above 40 years. It can cause weaker stream, nocturia (waking at night to pass urine), and swelling or inflammation of the epididymis or testis. Medical treatment can improve symptoms like taking Alfuzosin or better Tamsulosin 0.4 mg at night before bed. Therapy is for the long term as if stopped will cause symptoms again. You are also advised to do urine analysis and culture, serum PSA (prostate-specific antigen) tests, follow-up, and inform me about the progress. If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Is surgery necessary for a mild benign prostatic hyperplasia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 58 year old male. Except for low blood pressure, I am in generally perfect health with mild benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) that has not been getting noticeably worse lately but, has been present for years. While my stream is certainly not like when I was younger, I have no...  Read Full »

Why do I testicular pain if I do not masturbate or have sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 33 years old with a weight of 95 kg and 5 feet 9 inches height. He has been having pain in his scrotum and testis area for the past 6 to 7 years after every 2 to 3 days whenever he does not masturbate or does not have sexual intercourse. If he masturbates daily or has se...  Read Full »

What is the best medicine to cure prostate enlargement?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the condition of enlargement of the prostate for the last over five years. I am 53 years old. I am taking capsule Urimax 40 mg once in a day and I am able to manage the condition. However, it seems that of late, my libido is negative and the sex life is absolutely zero. Though ...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.