Prostate Infection

Are penile pain on erection and burning micturition signs of prostate cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, About three months ago, I started getting pain in my penis when erect, and a burning sensation was there for a week when I urinate. I went to the doctor, who sent me for urine tests where blood was found in my urine. So they sent me for three further urine tests, which were 24 hours a...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in erection or burning urinating in the long term indicates chronic inflammation of the prostate. It is really rare to have prostate cancer at this age. Bladder cancer symptoms are painless and asymptomatic hematuria. For proper diagnosis, we need semen for cultu...  Read Full »

Why is my penis hard even in a flaccid state?

Query: Hello doctor, My penis is not soft in a flaccid state. It is always a little hard even when in a flaccid state. It is also a little painful when squeezed and after sexual activity. The color of my semen is always mild yellow. When I urinate, it takes four or five minutes to empty the bladder. It co...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kansal

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your describing symptoms are suggestive of an infection (epididymo-orchitis). Please state the exact duration of these symptoms. Get a urine routine and microscopy test by giving your urine sample. A repeat ultrasound scrotum (testicles) would also be advised. These...  Read Full »

Why is my semen yellow?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. My semen has been yellow for months until now. I do not eat many spices. I do not have pain when I eject. My urine is normal color without any pain. Is that normal, or should I concern more about it?  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no reason to be worried. Prostate fluid (many people do not know that 90% of the male ejaculate is prostate fluid, just 10% is semen) may sometimes have a yellowish appearance. As long as you do not have any symptoms, this is considered normal. However, ...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen and painful glans?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old unmarried male. My height is 6'2" and weight is 73 kg. For the past three months, I have pain in the left side of my glans penis. At the same time, I have a continuous pain on the left side of the anus. The pain around the anus is not severe, but it is enough to bother...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and findings I am suspicious of chronic prostatitis, which is a longstanding infection of the prostate. It is associated with pain in the perineal region, which is neither mild nor severe. It needs to be confirmed with a per rectal examination in whi...  Read Full »

Why am I dripping urine after urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male. My height is 5.10 feet, and weigh about 70 kg. I am facing a problem of urine drops after urine and stool. Mainly if unhygienic, it prohibits me from doing my prayers.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how long have you been suffering from this problem? Firstly, make sure you are taking all measures to maintain proper hygiene. Use an antiseptic or at least plain water washes after visiting the toilet. If you use a public toilet, make sure to carry your ti...  Read Full »

Can Septrin forte be taken for prostate infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have Morganella morganii infection in the prostate. For the past 15 years, I have been getting blood in semen. I had a short course of antibiotics in the past and I also had a semen microbiological test. Please recommend some antibiotics.  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For the infection in the prostate a four to six weeks course of treatment is highly recommended. I suggest Cephalosporins and Aminoglycosides are the best for initial therapy, but ideally it should be guided by culture sensitivity reports. Consult your specialist doctor,...  Read Full »

Why do I have a constant urge to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an urge to urinate since 15 days. Top of my penis glans become darker some days before I get the urge to urinate. I have constant urge throughout the day. I am 27 years old.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coming back to your query, have you started the treatment of your own? Though the picture you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity), is of low quality but I can make out some bluish discoloration near the tip, is that you are talking about? Have you ...  Read Full »

I have recurrent prostate infection. Will it turn into cancer in future?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34-year-old male with recurring prostate infections with inflammation which is really painful with kidney stones happening all the time. I am 6 feet and about 215 lbs weight. I am currently on Trileptal, Ranitidine, and Omeprazole and I have been on them for a long time like 10 ye...  Read Full »

Dr. Senduran N

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you are having could be chronic prostatitis (usually bacterial or any obstructive pathology). Chronic symptoms suggest that you need complete urological evaluation with urine analysis, urine culture, ultrasound of prostate, etc, and treatment accordingl...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for retrograde ejaculation and male incontinence?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pretty sure that I have retrograde ejaculation because when I ejaculate it does not come out at the same moment of ejaculation, but it does come out seconds later and when I urinate there is some sperm. I also have male Incontinence and bedwetting problem since I was young and I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think that there is an obstruction in your prostate gland. Prostate gland store semen. That is why he wants to do this procedure. TURP stands for transurethral resection of the prostate. You must go for it. If you have further questions, do follow-up.  Read Full »

What test should I do for smelly and yellow urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from prostate infection for the past six months. It started with blood in urine and then burning sensation while urinating. I am also having smelly and yellow urine. Before this, I got mouth ulcers. Also, I had itching sensation throughout the body mainly in the ches...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it accompanied by joint pains? Have you done urine culture and sensitivity? Left varicocele causes should be ruled by doing a complete ultrasonography of the abdomen and CT KUB (kidney, ureter and bladder). Serum PSA (prostate specific antigen) should be checked. Have...  Read Full »