Q. Does protein powder have any adverse effect on muscle recovery?

Answered by Dr. Swapan Banerjee and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Protein Powder or Nutritional Supplements? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I used to perform cardio exercise for around 30 to 40 minutes and weight exercise (strength training) between 20 to 30 minutes daily. I have been using one natural protein product. My wish is to lose fat. I am confused whether, I should replace my natural protein product with the second one, which I found on the internet. I have a few queries which are as follows. The second protein product has a prefix "L" over all the amino acid ingredients and also contains glutamine in addition to BCAAs. What does it mean? Is glutamine necessary? I take maximum 25 g of supplementation in my dietary intake daily. Is 25 g sufficient or do I need to increase or decrease? Lastly, should I continue with the first protein product or the second one? I am attaching the photos of the protein products here for your reference. Please help.