Q. I have high protein and some microscopic blood in the urine. Please help.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I have high protein and some microscopic blood in the urine. I have high blood pressure and major anxiety disorder. I have an appointment in three weeks, and I am really scared.

#

Thanks for consulting.

High protein and red blood cells in urine indicate an abnormality in filtration membranes inside your kidneys. This membrane works to filter blood in the urine. There are many reasons for this membrane to be damaged. So if urine has high protein, then your protein in blood will be less, leading to swelling in different parts of the body.

Now, this issue needs to be investigated and treated by a nephrologist.

No need to be scared. Many of those causes are treatable.

If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Is there any way to slow down urination? Should I see someone sooner than two weeks?

#

Actually, there is no advice in slowing the urination.

You can keep your original appointment and see your doctor after three weeks as this issue is not an emergency.

All the best.

|