Q. Proteins were detected in my urine. Is it fatal?

I took tablet Solifenacin 5 mg for increased frequency of urine along with tablet Cifran 500 mg. After 10 days, proteins were detected in my urine. Is it fatal? What should I do? Please suggest. I do not urinate frequently now, but I have right flank pain. What is happening to me?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

You seem to be suffering from urinary tract infection, and it could be secondary to kidney stones. In such case, I would recommend you to get an ultrasound of the abdomen and a urine culture done. Also, get your blood sugar tested if not done recently.

You should drink plenty of fluids, and further treatment is based on the reports. I hope it helps you. If you have any further query, please ask me.

For further queries consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

| 

I took an ultrasound, and there is hypertrophy of right kidney because I have an only right kidney. Serum creatinine and blood urea are all normal. Is it due to kidney failure because of tablet Solifenacin 5 mg?

#

• I would not use the word kidney failure, but yes, this could be an initial stage of CKD (chronic kidney disease).
  • As such, Solifenacin does not cause any kidney failure, but the point is why you have been using that? The urine culture can be sterile even with the presence of infection and on giving the sample after an antibiotic dose.
  • My recommendations would be a DTPA scan to check for kidney perfusion status. I hope it helps you.

For more information consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|