Psoriasis Treatment

Is it fine to get the COVID vaccine when there is a flare-up of psoriasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I had TB in the abdomen thirteen years ago, had medicine for two years. I am having psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis for the past eight years. I have diabetes for the last two years. Also, a couple of years ago had LTB and taken medicine for one year (Benadon and Isoniazid). Again two m...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Increase protein intake in your diet like dates, green leafy vegetables, egg yolk, chicken, nuts, etc. Take tablet H-Vit Forte (Biotin), a multivitamin hair pill, after breakfast for 30 days. Avoid stress, anxiety, painkillers as it acts as aggravation factors in psoria...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take Prednisone for psoriasis flare-up?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have severe psoriasis from 12 years of age. I am using biologic Humira for ten years and it worked well. Two weeks back, I got a streptococcal throat infection. After that, my psoriasis began to flare up. I am taking slight treatments but it is not getting better. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not take oral steroids for a short course for psoriasis. It will make your condition resistant causing a flare-up. It may also lead to erythrodermic psoriasis. Oral steroids can be taken in emergency cases for psoriasis. If your condition is under control, then i...  Read Full »

Please suggest complete cure for psoriasis.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering with Psoriasis. Please suggest treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Dhanta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having psoriasis and I would like to tell you about your disease. Psoriasis is a relapsing condition and usually exacerbates in winters. It will not spread to other people by touching. I...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment for plaque psoriasis of the knee.

Query: Hi doctor, My friend is 47 years old. He consulted a family doctor for the rash present on the knee. He diagnosed it as plaque psoriasis on the right knee. He has prescribed a topical steroid. He had flaking of skin and I looked at the condition. He does not have any redness over it. He has a simil...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please attach a picture of it. Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory condition affecting the skin. It presents with scaly plaques and redness in most cases. It can be itchy. If the psoriasis is localized, then topical treatment is enough to take care of it. But there is n...  Read Full »

What causes psoriasis?

Query: Hi doctor,I need a permanent cure for psoriasis. Kindly suggest a treatment to cure psoriasis permanently. What are the different types of treatment available? What causes psoriasis? What are the precautions to be taken to avoid its recurrence? Kindly suggest some ointments, hair lotion, shampoo, vi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, welcome to icliniq. It's very sad to hear that you are having this skin issue since 3years, I can totally sense your frustration. Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disease, with some genetic, environmental influence. If there is family history of psoriasis, then the chance of getting ps...  Read Full »

What can be done for flaking in scalp and patches on the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I have dandruff issue from childhood. Now I have got flakings in the scalp and I got round patches on back and back side of the ear and on the hand, elbow area. They are itchy and size is increasing after month. Please suggest the best treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your history it seems like psoriasis, though I cannot confirm without seeing the pictures. Please attach your clinical pictures so that I can look at the extent of involvement and suggest you appropriate treatment.  Read Full »