Q. What is the ayurveda treatment for psoriasis?

Dr. Alka
Published on Jan 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have joint eczema for the past seven to eight years in both knee, the lower portion of leg and back of hand joints. My doctor says that it is psoriasis. Please clarify.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query.

• Psoriasis is a non-infectious and inflammatory disease of the skin. Sometimes, the reason is unknown.
  • As you have psoriasis from the past 7 to 8 years, it has come to the chronic state. So, I recommend you to go for panchakarma therapy.
  • Panchakarma therapy is an ayurvedic treatment in which body is detoxified, and you have to follow a particular diet regimen. You can undergo panchakarma therapy under the supervision of an ayurvedic physician. You cannot perform this procedure on your own.
  • Please find a reputed nearby panchakarma center and go for the treatment of psoriasis. You will see immensely positive results and your problem will be cured. Till then you have decided to go for panchakarma therapy try all the following things.
  • Garlic is really food for the skin. It contains sulfur, which is good for skin. Take two to three garlic cloves on an empty stomach in the morning.
  • Take flowers of jasmine and make a paste of its flowers and apply this paste directly on the affected area. This will help in relieving itching and inflammation.
  • Take Kaishore Guggulu two tablets twice daily with luke warm water for three weeks. Do not swallow these tablets. First, chew them and take them with lukewarm water. It will help to reduce the inflammation.
  • Take neem capsule, one capsule twice a day with water for four weeks. It helps in purifying blood and also boost the immune system.
  • Also, apply Neem oil on the affected area twice a day. It has anti-microbial properties. It will help to cure the problem.
  • Stress and anxiety aggravate the problem of psoriasis. So, if you are facing any stress problem, then try to overcome the problem.
  • Do meditation regularly. It will provide you calmness of mind. In case you are unable to overcome the stress, only then you need medicine, and otherwise, meditation will help you a lot.
  • Avoid directly going into the sunlight. Use an umbrella if you supposed to go outside.
  • Adopt a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy and fresh food. Avoid taking junk food, deep fried food, pickles and excessive curd.
  • Go for panchakarma therapy as soon as you can go. It will help you.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now