Q. Why do I lose erection with no pleasure during sex?

Dr. K V Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 30, 2019

On having sex I start to lose my erection, when I wear condoms also I do not feel anything after wearing condom. It was my first time and I did not feel any pleasure while entering a vagina. Is this a major issue? Should I get it checked?

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

First of all, you should understand erectile dysfunction. You are just 23. At your age ED will never come unless you are in some influence of liquor or drugs. Other than these two reasons, ED can also happen due to performance anxiety. Anyone can feel anxiety and apprehension when they go for first time sex. That is natural. Not knowing what to do and how to do, not having sexual experience, worry about getting pregnant, worry about failure, worry about satisfying that partner, worry about what will happen if others come to know, etc., there are so many stressful anxious questions inside your mind. All these combines to create performance anxiety and ED happens. So do not worry about that one incident.

Regarding condom, while wearing condom, men naturally have lesser pleasure because of the sheet between penis wall and the vaginal hole. Do not worry too much about it because the more you worry, more the problem will trouble you. Take care.

| 
Are you sure? cause after that we tried in the morning too but i suffered from the same problem. Can it be because I was not sexually attracted to my partner because I was not really enjoying anything as much.

Dr. K V Anand

# Dear Akash. Sexual arousal happens out of Love, passion and affection. You did not had anything of those. So erection problems are common. Don't worry about it. Take care

| 

Will using two condoms during sex prevent transmission of HIV?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex four months back with using two condoms at a time and later I realized that using two condoms at a time is not safe. So, I have taken HIV tridot test two months back and fourth generation test last month and again tridot test this month. All are negative. So should I need to te...  Read Full »

Why do I not get an erection with my new partner?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not know why, but I do not feel confident and cannot get a boner with this new partner I have. I am depressed and this is nothing new to me. I have dated her before and it was the same thing. She really intimidates me and this does not happen with other partners I have had. Pleas...  Read Full »

My penis is not erecting properly. Please advice ayurvedic treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old working bachelor planning to get married in next 4 to 5 months. But I am very tensed and concerned about my penis size and erectile potential. For last 5 to 6 months penis is not erecting properly and less hardness. Please suggest me some Ayurdevic remedies to improve h...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now