Q. My friend is psychologically not well. Please give some solution.

Dr. K V Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on May 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 13, 2020

My friend is getting married in another six months and it is love marriage. When his fiance was in her second relationship she fell in love with my friend. After few months only he came to know that she does not seriously love him. She started loving him so seriously when he lost his conscious and fainted on the floor one day. From then onwards she realized his love and they decided to get married. My friend requested her many times to share her past, but she denied. Now he came to know, she had been in a long-term relationship with two guys before. Also, he came to know that she used to text many guys with kiss symbols, etc. Now, my friend is unable to forget her past and psychologically he is not well. He has not been into any kind of relationships with anyone. Why he has got a girl like this? Day by day he is becoming psychologically tired. Please suggest something. Your valuable replies will be the tonic for my friend. It will be really more helpful. Thank you.

#

• This is psychological dilemma. Naturally equivalent to conflict induced depression state.
  • Your friend should accept the fact that his present girlfriend had those physical relationships and come in terms with that.
  • Now he has two options. One is to marry his girlfriend and live with her. In that case, he has to accept that pre-marital relationship is nothing to worry about. Present love and affection is more important.
  • If your friend is unable to adjust with this situation, the whole married life will be ruined.
  • Second option is to forget his girlfriend. The reasons are she had intimate physical relationships with other guys which psychologically your friend cannot accept.
  • She did not tell the fact earlier. She could even now possibly cheat him by acting like she is in love with him.
  • Your friend has to take either of the two decisions and be committed to it. My advice will be the second option.
  • Once decision is taken, sustenance is not as tough as it seems. I will help with that part. Take care.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|