Q. After crying for several hours, the next day, I had eye bags. What to do?

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

About six years ago, I was distraught and cried for several hours till I fell asleep. The next morning when I woke up, I had large eye bags. I had never had eyebags. I still have these bags to this day. I feel insecure about them, and I do not know what to do. Do I need to get surgery? If yes, then what type? If no, then what can I do?

#

I saw the image attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), and there is slight swelling below the eyes and round cheeks. It might give you a cosmetic concern.

There are etiologies which results in eyebags: allergies, eye disease, thyroid issues, smoking side effect, lack of sleep.

In your case, it is not an eye disease as you have no symptoms related to it. However, I would suggest the following:

1) Apply a cool compress with a cloth soaked in cool water and gently press it to your eye for a few minutes.

2) Take proper sleep.

3) Prop yourself up with pillows while sleeping.

These measures will tone up the skin around the eye.

If it is still not going away, I suggest you visit an ophthalmologist in person for proper guidance.

|