Q. I am having quad pain when running to the point where I cannot bear any weight.

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal
Published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2018

I have been having quad pain while running to the point where I cannot bear any weight. I have no pain the next day while walking, but the pain returns during a run.

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiology Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Neurology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

From the details provided, you are apparently suffering from a muscle pull or partial detachment of the tendon from the bone. Muscles are attached to the bones by a fibrous, cord-like structure called tendons. Your quadriceps (thigh muscle) need rest in order to recover. So, you may stop running till the time the affected muscles recover.

| 

Do pain and popping sound during jaw movements mean osteoarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weight 79 kg. Vegetarian diet. Before two years, due to stomach disturbance and pain and some popup and cracker sound occurred in my knee joints. I visited the doctor and he suggested me for a laboratory test of liver function test and all ...  Read Full »

I would like to get your remark on my MRI. Please comment.

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my MRI scan report and I do like to get the remarks.  Read Full »

Why did my shoulder get dislocated for the second time? How do I treat it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I met with an accident some nine years ago which resulted in a chip fracture of the left shoulder acromion. After nine months, I had a shoulder dislocation in the same shoulder which was corrected by a bone setter at home. Recently, the same shoulder again got dis...  Read Full »

Ask a Fitness Expert Now