Q. I am having quad pain when running to the point where I cannot bear any weight.

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal
Published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2018

I have been having quad pain while running to the point where I cannot bear any weight. I have no pain the next day while walking, but the pain returns during a run.

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiology Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Neurology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

From the details provided, you are apparently suffering from a muscle pull or partial detachment of the tendon from the bone. Muscles are attached to the bones by a fibrous, cord-like structure called tendons. Your quadriceps (thigh muscle) need rest in order to recover. So, you may stop running till the time the affected muscles recover.

Do pain and popping sound during jaw movements mean osteoarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weight 79 kg. Vegetarian diet. Before two years, due to stomach disturbance and pain and some popup and cracker sound occurred in my knee joints. I visited the doctor and he suggested me for a laboratory test of liver function test and all ...  Read Full >>

Dr. K Shanmuganandan
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all the history details and reports. It shows mild osteoarthritis which is not reversible. But if you maintain your weight and exercise, it will halt. Please do quadriceps exercise for knees and for shoulder, bench press. Take a lot of fruits and vegetabl...  Read Full

I would like to get your remark on my MRI. Please comment.

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my MRI scan report and I do like to get the remarks.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a labral tear along with other ligament, muscle and tendon unit injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Probably, due to acute shoulder dislocation. Decision regarding surgery depends upon the clinical condition. For further information consu...  Read Full

Why did my shoulder get dislocated for the second time? How do I treat it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I met with an accident some nine years ago which resulted in a chip fracture of the left shoulder acromion. After nine months, I had a shoulder dislocation in the same shoulder which was corrected by a bone setter at home. Recently, the same shoulder again got dis...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shoulder dislocation in sleep and also for the second time points that you will require a surgery called arthroscopic Bankart repair. Also, shoulder dislocation can be prevented if you avoid external rotation of the arm and shoulder. A simple arm sling brace will work...  Read Full

Ask a Fitness Expert Now