Quit Tobacco

Why do my gums hurt when I eat?

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I eat spicy food, I feel some kind of irritation, burning sensation and pain in my gums. I do not have any cavity in my teeth. I got scaling done 2 years back. Once I stop eating spicy food, the pain fades away in few minutes. I would like to know the reason behind it. Please a...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Can High Blood Pressure Be The Reason For The Bloody Mucus From My Throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I had mucus from the throat, and it had minor blood in it. I went to the ER, and the blood pressure was 190/110. The doctors told the bleeding had to do with the blood pressure as the bleeding stopped as soon as blood pressure reducing pills were given orally. I had blood tests done to...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are normal. I am glad that despite very high blood pressure you have ended up having only minor bleeding, which I believe, was a warning sign. I would reco...  Read Full »

How to prevent the recurrence of PUNLMP?

Query: Hi doctor, I had PUNLMP a year ago. I consulted a physician, and he did a TURBT. Now, I just have my follow up cystoscopy every three months. I am 25 years old. I am afraid of what to do and what to avoid. I have never smoked. But yes, I have been with smokers. I just wanted to know what would my l...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.PUNLMP (papillary urothelial neoplasm of low malignant potential) belongs to a very benign, non-life threatening spectrum of urological cancers.TURBT (transurethral resection of bladder tumor) is the correct treatment. Follow-up is required with cystoscopy and urine cytolog...  Read Full »

How does Nicotex chewing gum help quit smoking?

Query: Hello doctor, How does Nicotex chewing gum help in quitting smoking?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nicotex chewing gums are often resorted to, these days, as a means to quit smoking. Nicotex chewing gums too contains a certain amount of nicotine just like cigarettes, but a level slightly less than them. Cigarettes contain around 4000 different chemical components i...  Read Full »

Despite normal ECG, I have sweating and chest pain. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I am having habit of drinking alcohol and using tobacco daily. Since last four months, I feel lightheaded and dizzy. Sometimes, I am having heavy sweating and chest pain. I had done ECG and it was found to be normal. Sometimes, I feel like blood in my saliva. I a...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Though you are a smoker and alcoholic, a normal ECG does not rule out any cardiac issues. You should get the following tests done on priority: Treadmill test. Lipid profile. Sugar test. Thyroid profile. This is an important decision. If everythin...  Read Full »

I am experiencing erectile dysfunction. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old male. Recently, I started experiencing erectile dysfunction, that is, I am unable to hold my erection. It is as if I am losing interest midway. I do not have diabetes or any other illness. I am a non-vegetarian, and I chew tobacco. I am married and have two kids. ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have no history of diabetes and hypertension, so no need to worry. Tobacco could be one aggravating factor for your problem and try to reduce the chewing of tobacco. For erectile dysfunction, you can try supplements like L-Arginine and Yohimbine. A lot of brands ar...  Read Full »

Can chewing tobacco reduce mouth opening?

Query: Hi doctor, I can barely open my mouth up to three fingers space. Is it bad or normal? I have never noticed this before, only recently I happen to see this. I chew tobacco. Is that causing it? Is it serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is very common amongst regular tobacco chewers. Tobacco, beetle nuts, etc., especially when mixed with limestone, damages the mouth walls on the sides if it is frequently placed. This frequent injury and healing process forms scar tissue of fibroblasts origi...  Read Full »

Can diabetes make my hands itchy and numb?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and depression from past few years. I took various antidepressants. Now I am taking Vilazodone, one tablet in the morning and Lonazep 0.25 mg from last ten days. But I am having breathlessness and palpitations when I do any small physical activity and irrit...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know that despite the best efforts you are not responding with current antidepressants and there are active symptoms. I suggest the following treatment given a diagnosis of diabetes with depression. Tablet Duloxetine (Duzela M) 30 mg in the morning and 30...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for a black hairy tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, A few weeks ago I noticed that my tongue had patchy green areas. However, it has now turned into more of a yellow color, more so in the back than the front. Brushing the tongue seems to remove the yellow, but then it comes back. I am very scared of the black hairy tongue, and I read that...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand your concern. As your tongue has turned yellow and black from green in the front part, it is a typical feature of a hairy tongue. Clinically it looks like a hairy ...  Read Full »

Is there a link between loss of appetite and depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on psychiatric medication since two to three years, but found no improvement. I have started exercise such as walking, yoga and pranayama and found some relief. I become depressed more when I read about depression on internet. My main issue now is loss of appetite, headache when f...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Loss of appetite is a blanket symptom which can be present in any of the psychiatric illness including depression. In major depressive disorder, loss of appetite is associated with sadness of mood, decreased energy level, easy fatigability, loss of interest in...  Read Full »