Q. I have a rash on my penis which comes and goes and is sensitive. Please help.

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

I have a rash on my penis head, it does not hurt much and it does not look severe, but it is uncomfortable and I feel very sensitive now and also it stings when I urinate but not always.

Beacuse of Covid-19 I do not want to visit a doctor, so I browsed the internet and I am afraid it is not getting better as it is. It has been a month now and it comes and goes. I took Zithromax for three days and Locoid lipocream but nothing happened. After one week, I am taking Zithromax and I took Augmentin 1 g every 12 hours for one week and Fucicort cream, it got better but the skin felt very sensitive and stinginess inside shaft started.

I stopped Fucicort now and using Elica-M at night and just vaseline in the morning for three days now as I am afraid to get worse. It does not hurt much but I still have slight redness and stinginess on the outside.

#

You have used steroid creams and a lot of antibiotics. But I do not know how it started at all? Was it itchy to start? Urine burning or after you urinate, because steroids change every morphology and just cover symptoms and signs.

I want to know if there was any discharge from the urethra to start with? Any history of unprotected high risk sex? Fever, or itchy red rash in partner? If none of the above then follow this.

Take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg of for seven days, Sertaconazole cream twice daily for seven days and coconut oil. Review after seven days. Single dose Fluconazole for your partner. If you are diabetic control it and keep dry.

Yes, it started with little itchiness for one or two days. Burning is mainly during urinating and not every time. No discharge happened. No fever as well for both of us. For my partner, only itchiness and redness present.

#

Then it is fungal infection only. Candida is present on all of us but sometimes it causes infection and itchiness in wet and moist conditions. Keep dry and continue the treatment. If Fluconazole not available, you can also use capsule Itraconazole 100 mg bd with meals, it is a newer and safer drug. Your partner shall take a single dose of 200 mg Itraconazole. Avoid intercourse for some days. If itching, take tablet Loratadine 10 mg od.

Review after seven days or earlier if needed.

Just one thing, I had a sexual encounter with a woman, only oral from both sides 10 days before and I started getting these symptoms. Is it possible to be STD? There are no signs on my mouth or any other parts of my body, also as I said before no discharge from me and only clear discharge from my partner.

#

You have taken Azithromycin and Augmentin. That is fine for most STDs. But we are left with only one STD not covered, trichomoniasis. But it do not spread by oral. Please continue earlier treatment I advised.

|