Q. I think I swallowed some particles of rat killer cake. What to do now?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2020

As the rats were troubling me, I bought a rat killer cake. I just sprinkled the cake like powder in air. I think a particle could have gone into my mouth. After that I did not swallow anything. Please help me

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• Only a particle will not cause any serious problem. Wash your mouth properly with water and do gargles with plain water.
  • If you develop breathing difficulty, nausea, vomiting, palpitations or restlessness, then you should consult a physician immediately.
  • I suggest an antacid like tablet Pantodac-D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) 40 mg stat twice a day for three days and tablet Flatuna (Simethicone) one tablet twice daily for three days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|