Q. Why do I have intense pain when my hands swell?

Dr. Divya Agarwal
Published on Mar 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2019

I can notice some dots in vision when I heat up fast. My hands shake when I go into attack. I have blue fingers in cold; red swollen fingers and toes when it is hot outside also. I have intense pain everywhere when my hands are swollen. Please help.

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatology
#

• There is a condition called Raynaud's phenomenon, in which the finger tips turn blue on exposure to cold. Subsequently, when the hands are warmed they turn white, then red and then normal.
  • This could be a benign condition, especially in young ladies. Sometimes, it may be associated with a connective tissue disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
  • SLE has constellation of findings such as fever, arthritis, pleuritis, nephritis and headaches. I do not think you have any of these symptoms.
  • So, it would be better to keep warm. If you still have problems then you could see your primary physician who could suggest some vasodilator medications.

For further information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

| 

Get Rid of Dark Circles With Homeopathy

Article Overview: Dark circle is a blackish or bluish discoloration of the skin around the eyes. There are a number of factors that cause them. Homeopathy has safe and effective medicines to remove them. This article talks about dark circles and their cure. Read Article

Dr. Ankita Kakkar
Homeopathic Physician

Dark circles are seen in men as well as women, especially in the age group of 18 to 35 years. They can make the person in their prime of youth appear old, tired and dull. So, definitely, there would be many people looking for an effective cure to get rid of them. Although the medicines are effective...  Read Article

I have severe constipation and bloating problem, with slight vaginal bleeding. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female, and I have been experiencing major constipation from the last month. Every time I eat, I experience bloating, and I am unable to go to the toilet later on. Have tried taking Sennetabs, Metamucil, increasing fiber, and water in the diet. I have this problem...  Read Full »

Is my vasoconstriction problem an allergic reaction to the daily intake of antihistamines?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having major vasoconstriction problems. I would like to know if my daily antihistamines intake is causing this problem. I am taking Loratadine and Fexofenadine hydrochloride daily for allergies.  Read Full »

Ask a Rheumatologist Now