Red Bump On Penis

I have a blister with itchy pain at the tip of penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, 5 or 6 days ago, I slept all through the night wearing only a boxer. The next day, I noticed a slight itchy pain closely at the tip of head of my penis. The next day, I saw a dotted blister at same spot where I noticed the slight itchy pain. At first, I thought it was the work of an e...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am of the opinion that it is genital herpes. I suggest you to retest for herpes after four weeks as testing too early after infection may yield a false negative result. I can see multiple erosi...  Read Full »

I have a few red bumps and rashes around my penis and between my anus after shaving the private part. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I had shaved my pubes and hair between my anus two days ago. Few hours after shaving, I experienced severe itching, so I applied moisturizer and baby powder. But today I noticed a few red bumps and rashes around my penis and between my anus. Also, the skin on my balls has become dry and...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Goud B

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some skin types are sensitive to blades, and the reaction that you described looks like hypersensitivity of your skin to the blade. Also, it could be because of using an unclean blade. I suggest you use the Montair LC tablet Levocetirizine, Monteleukast) two times a...  Read Full »

What causes a single red bump on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male who is sexually active. I seem to have developed a single small red bump on the head of my penis right after having sex. I have had a yeast infection on my penis head before. So, I assumed it was that again after having prolonged sex. I did not use a condom ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bump does not appear to be of herpes. This is a small papule-like lesion. But, there is no discharge or pain in your case. I do not think this is related to herpes though the pictures were not very clear. Herpes usually causes painful blisters or papular lesions th...  Read Full »